Employee Contractor Reviews
We undertake detailed reviews to ensure compliance with all statutory taxes are being correctly accounted for and reported. More important than ever with personal liability often attached to directors personally, and related entities becoming jointly and severally liable.
Keen to see behind the curtain? Read and listen to insights from the Mage Advisory team here.
We have a specialist understanding of employee contractor issues and can assist you as a business owner, your management team and other advisors in ensuring that you are compliant.
We understand the differences in how you operate in tier 1 and tier 2 and the different types of contractors and staff that you engage with.
Our vision is to help your business succeed, so why not connect with us today.
We've seen businesses over the years have unexpected liabilities leading to business-ending events.
Unveiling the issues.
Peeling back the layers.
We have a depth of experience that enables us to deal with the bigger end of town, bringing those same innovative solutions to smaller businesses to achieve their goals.
Everything in order
- Detailed compliance reviews of the business
- Targeted reviews of risk areas i.e. payroll tax or super
- Provide options to resolve or restructure your employee contractor arrangements
Understanding your obligations
- PAYG withholding
- Payroll tax
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Fringe Benefits Tax
Ready to improve
- Voluntary submissions to the regulator
- Review your accounting and payroll systems and processes
- Documentation of systems and processes
- Misclassifying employees and contractors
- Believing that payroll tax is not applicable on incorporated contractors
- Believing superannuation is not applicable to sole trader contractors
- Poor systems and processes to capture the necessary data